Wednesday, February 10, 2016

About Me

Hello Everyone, my name is Streetwear Knowledge. That is a very interesting name but its simply a pen name to remain anonymous and protect my own identity. I am a huge follower of pop-culture and all the genres that come along with it including fashion and a specific area that interests me the most is streetwear fashion. That is why I have created this blog.

Streetwear is a fashion/clothing style that comes from the inspiration of many different areas including hip hop, skateboard, surf, and 80's/90's retro. I grew up a hip-hop aficionado and I continue to be one. I was always intrigued by what the artist were wearing and the fact that they were catalysts for certain trends that were occurring. It started as simply googling the brands that they wore and soon after I realized that there were plenty of people out there just like me and so I began to follow pages, blogs, and forums in order to gain more knowledge about the world of streetwear. Some of my favorite include Hypebeast, Nicekicks, and the Streetwear subreddit. Highly recommend all three if you haven't done so already.

I created this blog as a way to help other readers gain knowledge on streetwear. That can vary from news, videos, articles, or the latest on releases. In my posts I will attempt to make that  connection between streetwear regulars and streetwear amateurs by providing interesting and insightful content.

I would like to go a little more in depth about the blog's title. Trends are prevalent in the fashion world and in streetwear this still carries truth. I like to think that I'm a bit artistic and creative so I thought long and hard as to what to officially name my blog. Greek culture and history is something that I have always been interested in and more specifically Greek mythology. I decided to call my blog Clotho's Thread. Clotho was one of the Three Fates of Morai. She was said to have been in charge of "spinning the thread of life," which in essence determined when gods and mortals were born and alternatively also decided when they died. What I am trying to do here is to make "Clotho's Thread" a metaphor about fashion trends and how they too can come and go.  She used a thread to determine how long someone's life was to be. When the person died the thread was cut.The idea of the thread is also something that caught my eye since thread can be used to make clothing.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of this blog and thank you for taking the time to get to know me.

No comments:

Post a Comment