Saturday, February 27, 2016

Peep The Asphalt

Recently I began looking for new blogs that were in my niche area (streetwear) in order to gain some inspiration and a little more knowledge as to what people in my area talking about. I stumbled across this great blog named The Asphalt. Right of the bat you can tell there has been a lot of work put into this blog. The articles are previewed with the title and a picture relevant to the topic as a background. It enticed me to read more and continue scrolling to see what were the topics being discussed. Needless to say it is aesthetically pleasing.

I chose one of the articles to review and the one that caught my eye was Why Bape Could Be On Its Way Out. This article in particular caught my eye because in my previous blog post I included Bape as one of the top 10 streetwear brands. After reading the post I have to say that me and the author here have similar opinions about Bape. He mentions that Bape has always been a household name in streetwear and that it is still loved by many today. I too have noticed the shift away from using camouflage, which is kind of like their bread and butter along with their ape logo and shark hoodies. Although the trend seems to be the use of earth tone colors, camouflage is no longer a fixture but Bape continues to pump out designs that include camo. This is why I agree again with the writer that they should be looking to change their style and follow the current trends or even attempt to be ahead of the curve. While I would like Bape to remain successful, I might be removing them from my top 10 list in the near future as the writer has indicated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment