Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Why The NMD City Sock Is Not The Shoe of The Year

Recently the Author of one of my go to blogs, The Asphalt, had a blog post about why he thought that the Adidas NMD City Sock was his shoe of the year up to date. This here is the link to that blog post. Aand here is the shoe in question.



The writer has good and valid reasons as to why he has fallen for this shoe. Shoot, he even made me think twice about the product but there's a lot about the shoe I cant stand. He clarifies that he is not an overall fan of the NMD line but that this shoe in particular is something worth "taking a closer look at." That's one area I can already disagree on as I am usually a fan of the NMD drops and the city sock is the one exception. He talks about the NMD being a consolation price for not being able to cop yeezy's and I too disagree with this notion. I think the NMD has its own value and features such as the sole of the shoe which pops out at you almost immediately. It can definitely double as an alternative to the Yeezy's but I can definitely say I like some of the NMD's more than the Yeezy's. Let's hope Kanye West doesn't read this.

Let's get into why I truly this dislike the Adidas NMD City Sock. The proof is in the name, the shoe looks like a sock with a sole in it. It kind of reminds me of Swim Shoes and for that I just cant like the shoe. There are no laces which I think are key here, since the laces work so well on other knit designs. There aren't many shoes without laces that I do enjoy to be honest. The color way is an okay color way with the black and gray stripes going in different angles and directions. Interesting to note is the black patch on the inside of the show which reads S79150, which can be found on other Adidas designs, in particular the Yeezy's. Overall the shoe is just unimpressive and not aesthetically pleasing. I'd definitely choose any other NMD over this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment